PENN warrants to the original purchaser that its rods are free from defects in materials or workmanship for a period of one year from the date of purchase. PENN is not responsible for normal wear and tear, nor failures caused by accidents, abuse, alteration, modification, misuse or improper care. This applies to either rods purchased separately or as a combo unit.
We do not offer repair or parts for rods. If your rod failed due to a manufacturing defect and is still under warranty, we will be happy to replace it with a new rod of the same or a comparable model. If your rod is within the original warranty period, we will need to inspect your rod to determine the nature of the defect.
To request a rod warranty
Method 1 – Local dealer
Supply the product and proof of purchase along with name, address and contact phone number to the place of purchase or the nearest PENN dealer.
Method 2 – Direct to PENN
Please send the following items to email@example.com. These easy steps will help us take care of your warranty claim as efficiently as possible:
- Photograph of rod clearly showing the model (found directly above the handle)
- Photograph clearly showing the broken area(s) of the rod
- Copy of the dated receipt or proof of purchase
- A brief description of how your rod broke
- Your address and a daytime contact number
In the event your rod is no longer manufactured or is currently unavailable, we will give you a call to discuss your replacement options.
Please contact us directly for details at 1800 106 389 (Monday-Friday, 8 AM- 4.30 PM EST).
Need your PENN reels repaired, greased or cleaned? Let our trained staff of professional technicians inspect your reels, put them in perfect working condition, and make them look and work like new again. Please note that current repair turnaround time is approximately three (3) weeks.
What we need from you:
- Your reel (Please make sure you properly package and insure your reel. We recommend you send your reels to PENN via Registered Post so that the shipment can be tracked and we can verify receipt of your goods.
- Dated proof of purchase (For warranty consideration a dated proof of purchase must be included with returned product).
- Completed Repair Form
If all of the required information is provided, your reel will be entered into our system. Upon completion of the repair, if you provided your credit card number your card will be charged and shipped, if your credit card number is not provided, we will notify you of the total repair costs. Upon your acceptance of the charges the costs will be applied to your credit card and your reels will be sent back to you via Courier.
Ship your reel to the appropriate address below:
PENN Service Department
PENN Fishing Australia
16 Pioneer Ave
Tuggerah NSW 2259
1800 106 389
Reel Repair Pricing
All prices below effective January, 2016. The following charges are used in calculating the total cost of your reel repair.
- Handling/Processing/Packaging/Diagnosis/Supplies Fixed fee = $10.00 per reel
- Flat Labor rate = Based on model as listed below.
- Parts = Per Consumer Price List
- Shipping = Per Courier rates
Flat Labor Rate Pricing
|Internationals: 16, 12, Torque LD / Torque LD 2 Speed & Star||$60.00|
|Fathom Star Drag/LW & LD Series||$40.00|
|Squall Star Drag/LW & LD Series||$40.00|
|Squall Star Drag/LW & LD Series (2-Speed)||$55.00|
|113HN Baja Special & 117 reels, U.S. Senators||$45.00|
|GT - LD & Star||$35.00|
|Spinfisher SSG, SS, Sargus, Slammer, Spinfisher SSM, Battle||$35.00|
|Fierce, Pursuit, Pursuit 2||$35.00|
|Conflict, Battle II||$35.00|
Parts & Service
Reels are completely disassembled, degreased and cleaned, all parts are inspected, worn parts are replaced, reel is properly lubricated, reassembled and inspected for proper operation.
Shipping charges are based on the weight of the shipment, value of the shipment, destination and number of reels in the shipment.
Reels No Longer Serviced
We regret to inform you that we are no longer able to service the following PENN reels and downriggers. We appreciate your patronage and apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you.
- Spinfisher Z-Series
- PG Series
- Silver Series
- SS Series
- GLS Lever Drag
- Baitcaster Series (910/20/30/40)
- GTO Level Wind
- 970/80/90 Series of reels
- 800 Series of line counter reels
- 118 16/0 Senator reel